Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dreaming of Spring Flowers



 Don't you love ribbon flowers?  This is one of my favorite flowers to make because of its vintage appearance, especially when the middle is "squashed down."  This particular flower was very popular a century ago.  It's also made in an 8-petal version with three additional petals used on an inner layer.  Adding stamens or antique buttons in the center can dramatically change the look.  I wish I had ribbon in these mouth-watering colors, but that's part of the magic of photo editing software - your flowers can be any color you imagine them to be!

2 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

I love making fabric and ribbon flowers...I love these ribbon flowers and how you've changed the colors...just beautiful.

Stephanie ♥

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Yes, simple DELICIOUS.....so useable.

Rose